22 Income tax FAQ Questions|What are the due dates for filing income tax returns?


Hello guys here can find Due date for filing income tax return for companies and Tax Audit Report for assessee whose due date for filing income tax return is 30th September (being company, firm and other required to get accounts audited under income tax act or other law and working partner of such firm).Income tax  FAQ Questions,due dates for filing income tax returns




Q 1. How do I file my income tax returns?

 The return of income can be done manually or online. If the return of income is made through the online mode, the assessor follows two options: (1) electronic filing using a digital signature (2) electronic filing without a digital signature If the return of income is Filed by means of a digital signature. It is not necessary to send the signed copy, ITR V (ie the electronically acknowledged receipt) to Bangalore CPC. However, if the declaration is filed without using a digital signature, the recipient sends the signed copy of the RTI V to CPC, Bangalore, to the following address. Department of Income Tax - CPC, Postal Bag No. -1, City Post Office, Bangalore -560100, Karnataka within 120 days of downloading the return either by ordinary post or speed station only.


 Q 2. Is it mandatory to file a return electronically?

 The electronic filing of the declaration is compulsory for: a) Any company; Or (b) Each AO or BOI or (c) A person [other than a company and a person required to provide a return in the form of ITR 7] whose total income exceeds Rs.5 lakh rupees in the previous year 2013 -14; D) an enterprise or individual or HUF that is required to have their accounts verified under section 44AB; (E) A person applying for a tax relief under section 90, 90A or section 91; (F) A political party [if its income exceeds the limit, without claiming exemptions under section 13A, which is not taxable]; (G) Any resident and usual resident and HUF if he has: (I) power of signature on any account situated abroad; (Ii) any assets located abroad; Or (iii) Interest in any entity located outside Canada. 

Q 3. When is it mandatory to produce an electronic return with digital signature? 

Electronic filing with digital signature is mandatory for: a) Any business; (B) an enterprise, an individual or an HUF that is required to have their accounts audited under section 44AB; C) A political party [its income exceeds the limit, without claiming exemptions under section 13A, which is not taxable] 

Q 4. I am an individual and a resident of India. Do I need to produce a return if my income is less than the taxable limit but I have an account in a foreign bank?

Yes, it is mandatory for you to file the income tax return. Given the addition of a reservation to subsection 139 (1), an income tax return is required if the following conditions are met: (a) The insured person is ordinarily resident and resident in India; B) It has one of the following characteristics: i) signing authority on any account located abroad; (Ii) any assets located abroad; Or (iii) Interest in any entity located outside Canada. The tax base is required to provide the necessary details of such an account, its assets or its financial interest in the income tax return.

Q 5. What are the due dates for filing income tax returns for the year ending March 31, 2014? 

Due date Individual or HUF or companies are not required to be audited 31-Jul-17 A Company 30-Sep-17 Person whose accounts are to be audited 30-Sep-17 Active partner of a company Whose accounts are required To be audited 30-Sep-17 An assessor who is required to provide a report under s. 92E for an international transaction 30-Nov-17 Any other person 31-Jul-17
Also read:

Income Tax Deductions FY 2016-17- Important Income Tax Exemptions AY 2017-18  
TDS Rate Chart for FY 2016-17 and AY 2017-18| TDS calculator for 2016-17  
 {Updated} Upload TDS returns and download statements on income tax website

Q 6. How do I find my judicial assessment officer?

 Know your jurisdiction on the home page of incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in or use the following link https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/KnowYourJurisdictionLink.html to find out about your jurisdictional agent.

Q 7 How to know TAN of my detector

It can be found on Form 16 / 16A or on the 26AS tax credit return available at https://www.tdscpc.gov.in/app/login.xhtml TRACES (TDS Reconciliation and Correction Enabling System ).

Q 8. How do I know if my e-return has been processed at the Bangalore CPC? 

Log on to the e-filing website and select the CPC processing status to check the return status. 

Q 9. I filed my return electronically and provided the signed copy of the acknowledgment of receipt to CPC. However, I received a letter from the CPA stating that the copy of the acknowledgment had not been received. Given that the time limit for returning the acknowledgment has already expired, is it deemed that I have not filed the return? If you have already submitted the ITR-V to the CPC, you may return the acknowledgment, even if the time for filing the ITR-V has already expired, provided you have sufficient evidence to justify the That you sent the acknowledgment receipt earlier Within 120 days after the declaration is loaded by ordinary mail or by speed post only.

Q 10. Can I produce the return even if the due date to deposit the same has expired? 

Yes, you may file a late income report within one year of the end of the relevant assessment year or before the completion of the assessment, whichever comes first.

 Q 11. What are the consequences of filing a late return? 

If the return is filed after the end of the relevant assessment year, in that case a penalty of five thousand rupees may be levied under section 271F. If the income tax return is not filed within the time limits set out in subsection 139 (1), the loss incurred during the year under the heading "Profits and gains of businesses and professions" and "Capital gains" Be postponed to the following year. 

Q 12. Can I file a return even though my income is less than taxable?

 Yes, you can produce a return of income voluntarily even if your income is below the maximum exemption limit. 


Q 13. I deposited my return of income; However, I failed to claim the benefit of the deduction under section 80C. What should I do? 

The benefit of the omitted claim can only be used by filing a revised return. But in this case you have to make sure that your original declaration has been filed within the due date as return can only be revised if it was originally filed within the specified due date. Q 14. What documents are required to be included with the income tax return? Income tax returns are attached less. Therefore, it is not necessary to attach one or more documents accompanied by the income tax return. Thus, documents like TDS certificate, balance sheet, Profit & Loss A / c, A / c capital, proof of investments, etc., are not to be joined with the return of income. However, these documents must be retained and must be produced to the assessment officer whenever requested. 

Q 15. My employer deducted the tax without allowing me relief from section 89. Can I claim relief during filing of the income tax return?

 If the employer fails to provide an adjustment under section 89 and deducts the excess tax then you can claim such an adjustment on your income tax return and may claim a refund of the excess tax deducted.

 Q 16. How can I claim a deduction from a gift given to a registered organization under section 80G? 

The deduction provided for in section 80G may be claimed by filing the return of income in which the following information is to be given: (a) Name of the donee; (B) the NPO of the donee; (C) The address of the donee; D) Amount of donation 


Q 17. Whether employees are not required to file an income tax return for the 2014-15 assessment year? 

Exemption from filing income tax returns is not available to employees for the 2014-15 assessment year, as the exemption from filing income tax returns for employees was permitted under Notification No. 9/2012 only for the 2012-13 evaluation year. A similar notification for the 2013-14 and 2014-15 evaluation years has not been issued. As a result, each taxpayer earning more than the basic exemption limit must file the income tax return.

 Q 18. If all taxable taxpayers can choose ITR-1 to file an income tax return? 

No, not all taxpayers who are taxable can choose ITR-1 to file tax returns as of the 2013-14 assessment year. They can only choose ITR-1 if they claim an exemption under s. (Eg HRA, transport allowance, etc.) up to Rs 5,000 or less. Thus, if the taxpayer applies for an exemption under s. 10 which exceeds Rs. 5,000, it can not produce a return of income in ITR-1 (according to modified rule 12 of the rules of the income tax).

  Q 19. How do I claim the benefit of tax deducted in advance on income that is taxable in subsequent years? 
Certain provisions of TDS (including TCS) require the deduction of withholding tax at the time of payment or at the time of the credit, whichever comes first. Advance payments are also subject to TDS. Former Form ITR did not have any mechanism to convey the surplus of TDS, as well, taxpayers were required to show the entire TDS as a deduction and claim for excess TDS refund. To solve the problems, the TDS / TCS Annex in the ITR forms introduced two new columns: (a) TDS / TCS unclaimed deferred (i) Exercise in which deducted / collected (ii) Deferred amount b) TDS / TCS Claimed This year from the deferred amount or TDS / TCS for the current year. For example, the portion of the TDS credit for the next year's taxable income may be carried forward to the following year and may be claimed in the year in which the income is available for tax purposes. 
Q 20. What will be the consequences if the return of income is filed without paying a self-assessment tax? In order to discourage the practice of filing tax returns without paying the self-assessment tax, the 2013 Finance Act amended the Explanation to subsection 139 (9) to provide that the income tax return is treated as An interest thereon, if any, that is payable in accordance with the provisions of the Act has not been paid on or before the date of the return of the return. 

Q 21. Is it mandatory to provide a NAP of the owner to apply for an exemption from the housing allowance? 

If the employee is claiming exemptions for the rental allowance and the annual rent paid by him exceeds Rs. 1,00,000, it is mandatory for him to report PAN from the owner to the employer. In the event that the landlord does not have a NAP, a declaration to this effect from the landlord with the name and address of the landlord must be filed by the employee. 

Q 22 Is there a restriction on the number of returns that can be filed using the same email ID or mobile phone number? 

Yes, only 10 returns can be filed using the same email number or mobile phone number. 

Next Post »